Today we celebrate one year of Addison being a big sister.
That means a year of…
- sister morning cuddles in Momma and Dadda’s bed.
- dealing with Charlie’s craziness (she loves crawling into her big sister’s room and ‘exploring’, aka ‘making a mess’).
- swinging side-by-side at the playground.
- feeding Charlie goldfish crackers and baby Mum-Mums.
- growing tall enough to push Charlie in the stroller.
- fetching Charlie’s favourite bunny or dog when she is having a ‘moment’.
- reading Charlie books.
- seeing her toothy grin when Momma brings her to school pick-up.
- sometimes shutting the door and playing with Charlie in my room, just the two of us.
- wearing matching pajamas.
What a gift it has been to see the two girls together. Addison is so incredibly patient and generous with her little sister. She has vowed to never get angry at Charlie, and though I’m not sure she will be able to stick to that I really appreciate the sentiment.
Today we celebrate life!! Happy birthday Charlie!!!
Elaine, Aaron, Addison and Charlie